The Best Laptop Money Can Buy
Many think of Apple’s MacBook Pro lineup, Razor’s Blade lineup, or a gaming laptop when asked for the best laptop money can buy, spec wise. Last week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), however, Acer truly showed the best laptop money can get a consumer, by far.
Acer debuted its new Predator 21 X at CES. The laptop will cost $8,999 in the United States, and for that price it better be pretty loaded with specs. Acer more than delivered on that front. The laptop has a curved 21-inch display, and weighs in at 19.4 pounds. It has a full sized mechanical keyboard that uses Cherry MX switches and a trackpad that can be flipped over to be used as a number pad. Each key on both the keyboard and number pad have an individual RGB light under them making RGB customization endless. The specs are a whole new topic with a configuration that does not even seem possible.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820 HK (over-clockable)
- 2x - NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB of GDDR5X of VRAM Each (In SLI)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM
- 1 TB HDD (With 4 more Slots for m.2 SSDs)
- 21:9 Display with a 2,560 x 1,080 Resolution with a 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Cherry MX Mechanical Keyboard
- Dual Trackpad and Numeric Pad (Right-Handed)
- RGB Lighting
- 5 Fans
- 9 Internal Heat Pipes
- 4x – USB-A 3.0 Ports
- 1x - Headphone Port
- 1x - Microphone Port
- 1x - SD Card Reader
- 1x - Kensington Lock
- 2x - AC/DC Ports (for the INCLUDED 2x - 350W Power Adapters to Power the Machine)
- 1x - Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1x - USB-C 2.0 Port
- 2x - Display 1.2 Port
- 1x - HDMI 2.0 Port
Now, this machine is definitely aimed towards the pro-market. However, for those that say Apple’s MacBook Pro lineup is too expensive, I would say take a look at this baby. If you are in the pro-market or just want to say you have this machine, Acer says it will go on sale in February.